With 30 years of experience, Charah Solutions, Inc. is a leading provider of environmental and maintenance services to the power generation industry, with operations in coal-fired and nuclear power generation sites across the country. Based in Louisville, Kentucky, Charah Solutions assists utilities with all aspects of managing and recycling ash byproducts generated from the combustion of coal in the production of electricity as well as routine power plant maintenance and outage services for coal and nuclear energy providers. The company also designs and implements solutions for ash pond management and closure, landfill construction, fly ash and slag sales, and structural fill projects.
We pride ourselves on making things happen. Our positions require passionate individuals who demonstrate initiative, take ownership, and exhibit a high level of personal leadership, conviction and spirit of innovation.
Charah is currently seeking talented individuals for our Internship/Co-Op Program in Civil Engineering or Construction Management. Here at Charah, you will play a key role in tackling the same field/project engineering responsibilities as our full-time team members. You will be able to work hands-on and learn from our experts, their day to day activities that cannot be learned in the classroom. Our experienced team will allow you to utilize your skills and theories you have learned through coursework and apply those solutions on the job. This is an excellent opportunity to learn from real life experiences, develop communication and leadership skills, work with cutting edge technology, understand the market and clients in the industry as well as have a better understanding of the roles responsibilities to prepare for a successful career.
Summer Internship: Summer internship provides a real-world experience and can help students gain additional knowledge in a career that they may be interested in pursuing. This internship is scheduled from May to August. This is an internship that is typically offered to a student entering their sophomore or junior year of college.
Co-Op: Co-op position is open for students pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management and looking to pursue a career in Project Management. Student can work a co-op internship in spring, summer or fall semesters.
Our internships are full-time but temporary positions through spring, summer and fall months. Part-time opportunities and cooperatives may also be available depending on current project needs.
Construction Estimator Intern will work with junior and senior level estimators and assist with bid estimates for various construction and material handling projects.
• Ability to use electronic equipment such as computer, cell phone and handheld radio for communication with supervisors and co-workers
• This position requires a flexible work schedule: nights, weekends and holidays
• Must be able to climb, maintain body equilibrium, reach, grasp, bend and walk/stand/sit for extended periods of time
• Must be able to hear and see naturally or with correction
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Be subject to loud noises
• Be subject to atmospheric conditions - one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odor, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation
• This position requires working in the internal and external environment
• Ability to work independently and as a team
• Ability to work under pressure with time constraints in a changing environment
• Ability to effectively communicate